Tuesday, December 02, 2008

It's A.....

Drum roll please....it's a GIRL!!! We were routing for Team Blue (and it appears lots of family and friends were too) but we are just as excited to be a having a precious baby girl. And according to the ultrasound she looks perfect...praise God! She is measuring just as she should and is about 1lb right now! It just amazes me how they can scan over my belly a few times, take a few measurements, and snap a few pictures and be able to tell how the baby is doing. It was such a relief to see our little girl and to know that she is healthy.

When we came home, all the kids, including the ones I babysit, came running out wanting to know what we were having. I asked each one to say what they thought. They all said a boy except Sammy and Kiarra who guessed it was a girl! I thought that was so funny because usually little ones will copy what the big kids say. Alivia was a bit disappointed at first, but then when her daddy said she could dress her up, put makeup on her and do her hair when she got older, she was pretty excited! I don't think Sammy really understood and Annabelle immediately started calling her Amelia. Of course, we haven't decided on any names just yet, but "Amelia" has Annabelle's vote for sure!

Tonight we had the Christmas Tea at church and it was so nice. My mom and I hosted a table together and we had so much fun. And it was so great to be able to share my news with all my friends. Talk about God's perfect timing...I was a little bumped a few weeks ago that I was going to have to wait so long for this ultrasound, but it ended up being the perfect time. He just knows how to work things out like that!! I did take my camera with the intentions of taking lots of great pictures of our fun evening, but I was having so much fun that I never even took it out of the bag...oops :( I am so glad that mom and I decided to do this, it was a true blessing to share a wonderful evening with some lovely women.

Thanks to those who "voted"...better luck next time...LOL! And thank you too for all your prayers. They are appreciated more than words can say. Love you guys! I will post up ultrasound pictures of our little girl tomorrow when I'm not so tired and can keep my eyes open so stay tuned...

3 comments:

Hannah said...

my vote for a name:


Hannah

Shannon Kirklin said...

Congrats Jenny :) Sammy is sure going to have to go have boy time with Daddy... cause that's a lot of estrogen in the house!!

Lisa said...

Congratulations to all of you! Bringing home a new baby to eager siblings is so much fun! Now how about a name vote....