Thursday, October 09, 2008

14 weeks even
Well, for those of you interested in baby news...here's the update.
I am 14 weeks along today and up until this week I have been feeling a bit better! NOT great, but better. I hesitate to say how I'm doing when people ask how I'm feeling for fear that I just may jinx myself, and unfortunately that seems to be the case this week. MAJOR fatigue and some more nausea...NO fun!!! I literally slept the day away yesterday to weak to stay awake. I'm beginning to think this one is a boy and once again I'm getting the life sucked out of me same as my dear Sammy did. I truly believe that is why he is so full of energy!! I have also been feeling baby move around just a bit. It's quite exciting to know, even my 4th time around, that there is a little miracle growing inside of me.I still seem to have high blood pressure, although its had quite a range to it. I did go back to see the doctor about it on Tuesday and she is referring my to an O.B. She said she really believes its more of a chronic thing rather than a pregnancy related issue. And they wouldn't normally treat a woman until she has a constant bp of 150/90. Mine is under that, but since its so close (anywhere between 125/80-140/90) she wants to have some more opinion on the whole situation. She assured me that it was just precaution and I told her I was grateful for that. I'd rather be safe than sorry. She also reassured me at this point it is not harming the baby, but they will do another ultrasound between 16-20weeks just to make sure baby is growing as he/she should. If this is the only problem we have this entire pregnancy then I will be more than grateful. I just really pray that it doesn't end up causing pre-eclampsia. I had a mild case of that last few weeks with Sammy and it was very frustrating. I'd like to avoid that if at all possible!
Other than that, not much else to report. Andy did get a doe the other night so we will have some venison for our freezer. He's hoping to get a few more to fill it up. Kids seem to be doing well in school, although they are not so keen on getting up in the morning. My dad is still in Tennessee, but he believes he should be completely finished with in 3 weeks. My mom will be so happy to have him home for good...and he will be just as happy to be there!!

Okay...I'm really racking my brain to think of anything I've missed, but it's coming up empty...errr, maybe I shouldn't say it that way...but sadly, its the truth!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

3 comments:

Kendra said...

Glad to hear you are feeling somewhat better. I love the belly picture. I loved the part when I could start wearing maternity clothes and looking pregnant.

Lisa said...

You look beautiful Jen!

This N That said...

Maybe it IS a boy thing. Noah sucked the life out of me, too! But hey! Two of each! Not bad, then they can team up and torture each other...I mean, play together, lol!