Thursday, April 24, 2008

I am so sorry that it has been so long since I last posted...our computer is acting up again...anyway, last Saturday we went to the pancake breakfast and award program for Annabelle. She received an award for being an Absolutely Incredible Kid. Mrs. Filhart nominated her and said " Annabelle is an extremely kind and caring young lady. She has outstanding citizenship...she does her best in school every day!" We are so proud of her, but of course we don't need a piece of paper to tell us how incredible she is! I still don't think she understood why we were there, but I know she really felt special being able to spend the afternoon with just us.On Sunday we went to Mike and Teresa's for Easter. We had a wonderful day and to be honest I'm kind of glad we got to celebrate late because the weather was so beautiful. It was so much warmer than it was in march and it felt more like Easter. After dinner the kids had an easter egg hunt. The two older girls found all their eggs quickly of course, so they helped the younger two. Sammy did pretty good on his own, but I think Ariana was the smartest of them all...she just followed Annabelle around and took the eggs out of her basket when she wasn't looking! It's so much fun watching them all play together. Most of the day we just sat on the back porch in the warm spring air and enjoyed each others company.Here's the kids in their Easter outfits (before they got messy)Of course Grandma wanted a picture of all her grandkids in their Easter outfits but....Ariana had a different idea! It's so hard for her to stay in one spot for to long! It was so cute that she leaned on big cousin , Sammy, for comfort. They are best friends!And of course there is Adalyn who is always smiling. Her mommy says she does cry, but I'm not sure I believe her!This is Sammy with his loot. He had so much fun finding the eggs, but he had even more fun eating the CANDY!!!!!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

It was great visiting with you last night....looks like you guys had a great time last weekend!

Congratulations Annabelle!!!

Shoemaker Family said...

Hey...I emailed your MOM about PEARLS Thursday. I don't have an email address for you. So, can you check with her and/or send me your email address??? arshoemaker (at) sbcglobal (dot) net (Tell your sister Julie too)