We finally made it home from Minnesota around 3 am Wednesday morning. We had to stay through the weekend since Andy had an appointment Monday morning. We were hoping that we would be able to see the doctor for the follow up before we had to leave. So we waited for someone to cancel or a spot to open up, but by 11 am Tuesday we decided we just couldn't wait any longer. We'll be driving back on Sunday for the follow up on Monday. Hopefully everything is okay and he will be able to get Andy on some kind of regiment.Since we had some free time through the weekend we decided to make the best of it. On Saturday we headed to Minneapolis to go to the Mall of America. The guys weren't to excited about it, but we promised to take them to Cabela's the next day. Unfortunetly, we found out later that they would be closed because of Easter (which isnt' necessarily a bad thing actually).
The MOA is really cool and there is so much to do besides shopping.
They have a 7 acre indoor amusement park,
an aquarium with sharks, a movie theatre, and a NASCAR Silicon Motor Speedway...it's a high tech indoor stock car racing competition. Andy and I decided to test it out and it was a lot of fun! 
My favorite part was the larger than life Lego land...
it's amazing the things they can build with legos.


Easter Sunday didn't go as we had planned of course. We really would have rather been home with our families. We ended up having our Easter dinner at Applebee's and then spending the rest of the day relaxing in the hotel. I don't think I will ever complain again about all the running around we do during the holidays. It was so hard being away from the kids. Luckily our hotel offered free long distance so we were able to talk to them quite often.I couldn't be happier to be home. It feels so good. Life is going back to normal today...Andy's going back to work and I have housework and groceries to get. I have a whole new appreciation for it. Hopefully everything will turn out okay when Andy has his follow up and he won't be gone to long. I'm still not sure if I will be going back out. I'd like to be there with him, but I hate to leave the kids any longer.
This last picture is from the view of the 18th floor of Mayo...I just loved the architecture...
it stood out from all the other modern buildings.
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers again. Your friendship means more than words can say...it has given us strength in our time of need. Love you all!
The MOA is really cool and there is so much to do besides shopping.They have a 7 acre indoor amusement park,

an aquarium with sharks, a movie theatre, and a NASCAR Silicon Motor Speedway...it's a high tech indoor stock car racing competition. Andy and I decided to test it out and it was a lot of fun! 
My favorite part was the larger than life Lego land...it's amazing the things they can build with legos.


Easter Sunday didn't go as we had planned of course. We really would have rather been home with our families. We ended up having our Easter dinner at Applebee's and then spending the rest of the day relaxing in the hotel. I don't think I will ever complain again about all the running around we do during the holidays. It was so hard being away from the kids. Luckily our hotel offered free long distance so we were able to talk to them quite often.I couldn't be happier to be home. It feels so good. Life is going back to normal today...Andy's going back to work and I have housework and groceries to get. I have a whole new appreciation for it. Hopefully everything will turn out okay when Andy has his follow up and he won't be gone to long. I'm still not sure if I will be going back out. I'd like to be there with him, but I hate to leave the kids any longer.This last picture is from the view of the 18th floor of Mayo...I just loved the architecture...
it stood out from all the other modern buildings.
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers again. Your friendship means more than words can say...it has given us strength in our time of need. Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment