This is kind of a sad post...it's about life and death. My grandma Nancy passed away last night. It was only really a matter of time, she was old and sickly. She was very unhealthy and had a lot of medical problems, but none the less she was my grandma and I will miss her. It will actually be kind of strange with her not being here. We were not very close and she caused my mom a lot of grief, but still. I also feel very guilty b/c I think God wanted me to share my faith with her and I never did. I always had some excuse...not enough time, don't know what to say, etc. And now I really don't know where she ended up for certain. I think she believed in God, but she was probably like a lot of ppl that believe as long as they don't kill, or steal, that in the end they will get to heaven. They don't realize they need a relationship with Christ and ask for His forgiveness. I could have helped her do that and I waisted the opportunity. I feel like I let God down. And my grandma. I stayed in my little shell, instead of trusting God to help me do something that He wanted me to do. I think I could have grown in my own relationship as well, but I didn't want to get out of my comfort zone.
Yet God is so amazing...I know that even if He is disappointed in me, He still loves me more than I am humanly capable of understanding. I know that if it's His will, he will provide me with another opportunity to share my faith and His love.
To my grandma I want to say, I love you, I miss you and thank you for all the good times we had together.
Love, Jenn
No comments:
Post a Comment