Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Well, the Christmas Season is upon us once again and before we know it, it will be gone. I loved Christmas so much when I was younger. And to be honest it really had nothing...okay, little, to do with the presents. I love the way the holidays made me feel inside. I loved the lights, the decorations, the songs, and of course the treats. I remember my dad always took us to look at Christmas lights. It was something I could always count on. And there were many years when mom would say that they really couldn't afford much but she always found a way to make it special for us. And we also always got new Christmas pj's on Christmas Eve. I can't recall a Christmas yet that I ever felt deprived. There were just so many special things my family did together durning the holidays. I am trying to do the same for my family. We always visit Santa, decorate the tree together, bake cookies together and shop for each other. I just hope that someday, when they are celebrating Christmas with their own families, they will look back on their childhood and remember it as one of the happiest times in their lives, as I do.

No comments: